Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Mentors needed

Sure. We have heard it before. Find a mentor to help you grow. Today I challenge you to find a way to be a mentor, even if it is just for a moment.

A mentor can be a trusted advisor or one who shares the wisdom of experience or a teacher.

It is not easy to find a good mentor. Have you been so fortunate in your life? Early in my life I was gifted with a guide to help me make better choices. The path my life was on was not a bad path but not allowing me to reach my full potential. My guide gave me suggestions to try a few new experiences that I would not have ever considered (in this case it was really tough college courses). I chose to take this advice and it has completely altered what I belive is possible in my world. I am truly blessed.

Each of us have lessons in life that we have learned from to become better people. Are you sharing these lessons with the people that look up to you? Are you available as a guide to the generation behind you? People give the world its character. You can make a difference. Teach your experiences - formally or informally - help us all grow.

No comments: